Terms of Business
The following terms form the basis of our business relationship. If you have any queries or disagree with these terms please contact Mark Smith whose contact details are at the foot of this page.
Basis of fees
- The majority of our work is undertaken on a fixed fee basis where the fee is quoted in a fixed fee agreement prior to the commencement of work on your behalf.
- If our work with you is not governed by a fixed fee agreement, we will wherever possible provide you with a quote before we undertake any ad-hoc work or projects.
- If it is not possible to provide a quote for any reason, the fee level will be commensurate with the seniority and professional expertise of the persons engaged on the work and based on the time spent in performing the work.
Payment of fees
- Fees for work that is subject to a fixed fee agreement will be payable by monthly instalments by standing order, or as set out in the fixed fee agreement.
- All work that is not subject to a fixed fee agreement, including work quoted for, will be invoiced monthly or on completion of the project, whichever comes first, unless otherwise agreed in writing.
- All invoices are due for payment 28 days from the date of the invoice. Interest will be charged on late payment at the current Bank of England base rate plus 5%.
- Non payment of fees may result in work being suspended until payment is received.
We confirm that all information provided by you or third parties on your behalf will be kept confidential, subject to legal and regulatory requirements.
Smiths Chartered Accountants holds a professional indemnity insurance policy with Hiscox Plc of 1 Great St Helen's, London EC3A 6HX. Tel: +44 20 7448 6000 Fax: +44 20 7448 6900
The territorial coverage is worldwide (excluding professional business carried out from an office in the United States of America or Canada and excludes any action for a claim bought in any court in the United States of America or Canada)
Should you have a complaint please contact Mark Smith in the first instance. We undertake to look into any complaint carefully and promptly and to do all we can to explain the position to you. If we do not answer your complaint to your satisfaction you may, of course, take up the matter with the Institute of Chartered Accountants.
- Mark Smith, Unit 114 Boston House, Grove Technology Park, Wantage, Oxon, OX12 9FF
Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Tel: 01235 766162.
ICAEW, Level 1, Metropolitan House, 21 Avebury Boulevard, Milton Keynes MK9 2FZ
Tel: 01908 248 100